Russian cuisine is distinctive and unique, and as any other national one, it was formed under the influence of different environmental, social, geographical, economic and historical factors. The main feature of Russian cuisine is considered to be an abundance and variety of products used for cooking. Today we explore the russian soups and pancakes. What makes the Russian soups so rich and sophisticated, and why are the pancakes so delicious and soft?
- Solyanka / Russian sour beef soup
- Borscht soup / Russian beetroot soup, beef, vegetables
- Okroska / Chilled sping soup, radish, eggs
- Blini / Russian yeast pancake, salmon, dill
- Oladuski / Fluffy kefir pancake, sweetened sour cream
- Sirniki / Sweet cottage cheese donut