If you search the internet for the most famous Turkish dishes, it is certain that simit, red lentil soup, pide, fried rice pudding and some eggplant dish will be on the list! Turkey is huge and every region has its special ingredients and cooking techniques. Still, the dishes listed in this menu can be found in every corner of the country, even if they are prepared according to slightly different recipes.
We have collected dishes in a bouquet that not only bring back the taste of the bustling streets of Istanbul, but also symbolize the whole of Turkey, in addition, during their preparation, we can learn about many ingredients that are rarely used in Hungarian cuisine, but are indispensable in Turkish gastronomy, such as eggplant, olives, paprika paste, red lentils, mint or cumin!
- Ezogelin çorbası / Red lentil soup
- Simit / Sesame bread rings
- Yogurtlu patlican salatasi / Turkish aubergine salad with yogurt
- Pide / Turkish pizza with meat, green olives & walnut
- Sütlaç / Turkish rice puding